
Two dead, seven injured in head-on collision at Assin-Fosu
2 mins read
17th August 2026 1:36:26 PM
2 mins readBy: Abigail Ampofo

Two people have lost their lives, and seven others sustained injuries in a fatal accident involving a head-on collision at Assin Fosu in the Central Region.
The accident, which occurred on Sunday, August 17, around 7 p.m., involved a Sienta vehicle and a Metro Mass Transit (MMT) bus.
According to reports, the Sienta was travelling from Cape Coast and reportedly attempted to overtake another vehicle. In the process, it collided head-on with the MMT bus, which was travelling from Kumasi, resulting in the deaths and injuries.
The driver and another passenger were the only people who lost their lives, while the five other occupants of the Sienta sustained injuries and were rushed to a hospital for treatment.
Speaking to the media, the Central North Regional Motor Traffic and Transport Department (MTTD) Commander, ASP Wonder Lumor, said the vehicle being overtaken by the Sienta had slowed down to make a turn when the Sienta driver moved into the opposite lane, resulting in the collision.
The impact forced the MMT bus off the road and into the wall of Obiri Yeboah Senior High School, causing part of the wall to collapse.
Three children who were walking along the road were also struck by the bus and sustained injuries. ASP Lumor said they had been admitted to the St. Francis Xavier Hospital and were in stable condition.
“Investigation is ongoing. The two deceased persons were from the Sienta, but no passenger from the Metro Mass died,” ASP Lumor said.
The MMT bus driver, William Aboagye, said the collision happened suddenly when the Sienta moved into the path of the bus while attempting to overtake another vehicle.
Some passengers on the MMT bus, who said they were traders travelling from Techiman to Mankessim, described the incident as a frightening experience.
2 mins read
2 mins read
7 mins read
2 mins read
1 min read
5 mins read
2 mins read
2 mins read
2 mins read