New details have been released of the total amount of US weapons and equipment sent to Ukraine since the conflict started on 24 February.
More than $4bn-worth of military hardware has been given to Ukraine and much of it now is in the country. The US is by far the biggest contributor.
Donated weapons include:
- 6,500 Javelin anti-tank missiles
- 20,000 light anti-armour weapon
- 1,400 Stinger surface to air missiles
- 108 M777 howitzers with 220,000 shells
- 4 HIMARS multiple launch rocket systems
- 121 Phoenix Ghost and 700 Switchblade attack drones
- 200 armoured anti-personnel carriers
- Several hundred Humvee vehicles
- 20 Soviet made Mig-17 helos
- 7,200 firearms with 50m rounds
- 3 AN/TPQ-36 counter battery radars
Equipment mostly ends up in Donbas in the east, where the focus of the fighting is taking place.
Kyiv has repeatedly asked for more weapons to fight off attacks by Moscow, attacks which are being better supplied given their close proximity to Russia’s border.