29.2 C
Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Related stories

Health Ministry partners KNUST, others to hold health policy dialogue series

The Ministry of Health, in collaboration with the Kwame...

I cannot take responsibility for Ken Ofori-Atta’s mess – Alan

Former Trade Minister, Alan Kyerematen, has stated that decisions...

“No fears!” – Alan Kyerematen responds to Wontumi’s poster removal order

In a recent turn of events, Chairman Wontumi, the...

Don’t be an ingrate, I helped you – Alan tells Chairman Wontumi

Founder and leader of Movement for Change, Alan Kwadwo...

Part of 300-year-old Bole Mosque collapses

One of Ghana's notable cultural and historical sites has...

I feel sorry for Alan, he has taken the worst decision – Kwamena Bartels on Alan’s resignation

Former Interior Minister Kwamena Bartels has characterized Alan Kyerematen's...

Awutu Bawjiase: Body of a lifeless man discovered in a washroom

The lifeless boy of a man, has been discovered...


Eyewitness describes what started Kejetia market fire

On March 15, 2023, a fire destroyed a portion of the Ashanti regional facility.

Wailing while attempting to save as many items as they can, the traders affected by the catastrophe.

- Advertisement -

Some of the victims who passed out from the smoke were taken to neighboring medical facilities.

The part of the market which is under fire is known as ‘Dubai’ where items such as car tires are sold.

- Advertisement -

However, the media spoke to a man who was supposedly present in the area where the fire started.

According to the eyewitness, he was purchasing items from a female trader when he heard her radio set’s battery running low.

- Advertisement -

Thus he left his wares briefly with the lady to buy something from another area.

On his return, he saw a little smoke emanating from the trader’s shop.

“The area where she had plugged the radio was where the smoke started from. She had arranged so many things around the electric socket.

“The lady is on the same lane with the carbide vendors. The carbide got in contact with the fire and caused an explosion,” he added.

Meanwhile, officials of the Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS) are yet to comment on the cause of the inferno.

Latest stories