24.2 C
Wednesday, June 7, 2023


Senya West: Contaminated palm wine kills 8-year-old baby

Related stories

Dr. Kwaku Oteng introduces new Angel Cola soft drink

One of the leading producer of alcoholic beverages in...

Nogokpo spokesperson demands more respect for Ewes

In order to create an example for future generations,...

Presidential staffer endorses Alan Cash as Ghana’s next president

Presidential staffer, George Atsu Egbenunya, has publicly endorsed former...

Ghana has not been abandoned by Denmark – Danish Ambassador

The Danish Ambassador to Ghana has emphasized Denmark's commitment...

Uphold and restore judiciary’s lost dignity – Minority to Chief Justice nominee

The Minority in Parliament has urged the Chief Justice...

Justice Dotse in tears as he retires

It was an emotional moment at the Supreme Court...

Praise Reloaded Concert 2023 slated for June 11 in Kumasi – Joe Mettle

Gospel musician, Joe Mettle, has announced his annual 11th...

Ghana and Denmark strengthen ties to boost development

Minister for Works and Housing, Hon. Francis Asenso-Boakye, has...

Speaker Babgin’s SIM card allegedly deactivated

The speaker of parliament, Alban Bagbin's SIM card has...
- Advertisement -

An eight-year-old baby boy has given up the ghost after drinking a contaminated palm wine.

The incident occurred at Awutu Bantama in the Awutu Senya West District of the Central Region.

- Advertisement -

The boy known as Agya Kwao died after drinking the substance from the farm of a palm wine tapper who allegedly poisoned the substance after he suspected that some persons have been stealing from him.

Auntie of the deceased, Mercy Acquah says she saw the boy screaming for help and was rushed to the hospital but was pronounced dead a few hours later.

- Advertisement -

“I was home when I had a call to come and see my nephew. I got there, and I saw him drunk and unconscious. We rushed him to the hospital, and it was detected that he had taken poison. We tried forcing him to vomit the poison, but it didn’t work. He died a few hours later. The police came for the sample and detected it was poisonous.”

The suspect has been arrested by the Awutu Bereku Police Command assisting with investigation.


- Never miss a story with notifications

- Gain full access to our premium content

- Browse free from up to 5 devices at once

Latest stories