Residents of Aboom junction at Kwabenya in Accra are worried that a hanging electric pole may cause disaster if left unattended.
The pole, residents say, was left in that state after a heavy rainfall caused a deep erosion around it three weeks ago.
The pole is now being supported by visibly weak sticks and stones, probably waiting for the next rainstorm to finally collapse and fall.
Some residents who spoke to ABC News said they reported the issue countless times to the head office of Electricity Company of Ghana and it was referred to the district office to go fix it but nothing has been done till date.
“It is very dangerous, I’ve reported it countless times but no one is listening to me. I have been using my own funds to do what I can but I’m short of funds. I have gone to the district headquarters to complain but no one is coming,” a resident who identified himself as ‘Wofa’ lamented.
Another said, “It is very dangerous because if the rains fall heavily again, and the stones we’re using to support it washes away, the pole can fall and electrocute people in this area.”
ABC News spoke to the Assemblyman for the Kwabenya Electoral Area, Paul Bright Mintah, and he mentioned that he has engaged authorities about the development but nothing has been done.
Watch the video below: